Frankland Island Reef Cruises
Frankland Islands Reef Cruises is a family owned business based in Cairns, Queensland. We offer leisure and educational day trips to an exclusive archipelago of islands, just 40 minutes south from Cairns, and we have the sole permit (limited to 100 passengers/day) to visit the islands due to their significant ecological value. The open ocean crossing is just 30 minutes (6 miles) which makes this suitable for school aged children. This is the shortest in far north Queensland.
For students studying sciences such as marine biology and ecology, we have marine biologists on board daily, offering guided snorkelling, guided walk & full explanation of the reef environment (including the mangrove river access and the intertidal rock pools). We actively participate in monitoring activities in conjunction with universities and GBRMPA and report regularly on marine fauna sightings through the Eye on the Reef program.
Here are just some of the reasons to choose Frankland Islands for your ultimate Great Barrier Reef cruise experience -
• Maximum of 100 people
• Tour includes a river cruise, reef and island experience
• Normanby island is a National Park part coral cay continental island with a healthy and vibrant surrounding coral reef community
• We are the only commercial operator allowed to visit the totally uninhabited Frankland islands
• Shortest open water crossing
• Staff to customer ratio is an average of 8:1
• Protection suits are available free of charge
• Passenger safety is our priority
• Expert marine biologist onhand to explain the Frankland Island's unique eco system
Find Frankland Island Reef Cruises online
Frankland Island Reef Cruises website